Thursday, September 15, 2005

Technical - "Agile Web Development with Rails"

I'm always on the lookout for new tools and programming languages to play with. My latest fun language is Ruby. Ruby is an interpretted, object oriented scripting language that seems to combine features of Python, Smalltalk and Eiffel.

Rails is a framework based on Ruby that can be used to build web apps. At this moment I'm maybe quarter of the way through this book - I'm implementing the coding example as I read. The example is a simple book store app that lets you order books.

Rails uses a lot of code generating scripts, so it is real easy to get started and have basic applications up and running. The cool thing about Rails that the generated code is just a simple scaffold that then can be modified.

I will probably post more about this book as I get further into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home